March Topic: Spring in 2 Action: Fitness Formula
March has arrived! This means spring is right around the corner! Springtime + Heat Time = Beach Time. If you are like me or anyone else in the world, getting that bikini body can be harder than fitting into your favorite pair of skinny jeans. Sit-ups, lunges, dumbbells, oh my! Worry no more, because this month's newsletter is all about being health conscious and getting fit!
Living a healthy lifestyle is crucial to your well-being. Our mothers and fathers have probably encouraged us to not skip breakfast on more than one occasion when we are running late for school. Beyond the ideal Breakfast of Champions whether it is oatmeal, cereal bars, an apple or an orange; keeping a healthy diet helps the body and brain function properly. Below is some need to know facts on exercise and a Fitness Formula I created to help you get into shape!
Need 2 Know
1. Exercise is good for everyone! Thin people, curvy people, short people, and tall people. Doing an active routine is healthy for all ages and increases energy for your day.
2. Acne Be-gone! Physical workouts will actually heal your skin! The endorphins being released will cleanse your skin from the inside out quicker then medicated creams or moisturizers.
3. Working out will give you a more positive outlook on life! Being in a good headspace will not only guarantee you to have higher self-esteem but gives you a clear mind to make wise rational decisions; BONUS!
- Start small. 15-30 minutes a day is much easier than a 60 minute to 90 minute workout where you can get burned out before you get started.
- Cardio is key. Walking, sprinting, sit-ups, curl ups, push ups, leg lifts, lunges and etc., are great ways to get the limbs moving. Get Creative! Walk around the mall with friends! Dance to some of your favorite songs, stretching at your desk in school are all little ways to get the blood flowing during your day.
- Substitute. Substute that burger for a turkey sandwich, and those chips, and salty crackers for Quaker rice snacks. Whole Grain bars are also a quick and healthy snack without all of the sugar.
- Don't self-sabotage yourself. Skipping days of exercise is not good. You can do it if you put your mind to it Determination is Everything
- Cheat Day! Here is the fun part, allowing yourself one day out of the week to eat that super cheesy pizza or have a fat juicy burger. Enjoy yourself but in moderation.
Jam 4 the month: Take a Walk by Passion Pit.
This song by the indie electronic band Passion Pit is the perfect song to work out to, or even take a walk.
Have fun springing into action, remember to stay diligent, and you will see the results!
By Building Confidence in others, You Build Confidence in Yourself,
XO Pioneers, Chelsea J.
[Facebook and Instagram: chelseajofficial, Twitter: @chelseachelle.]