Pasadena, CA — The public is reminded of the following road closures and other important event information for the Kaiser Permanente Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon, Sunday, February 17, held from 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Event activities include a half marathon and 5k run followed by a post-race festival and finish line concert. About 7,000 participants have pre-registered.
On race day only, the public number to call with day-of-event questions about street closures, parking, towed vehicles or sound complaints is: (626) 577-3296.
The half marathon begins at 7:30 a.m., followed by the 5k start at 7:50 a.m. Race information and course maps are online at http://cityofpasadena.net/specialevents/rock_n_roll/.
To find out if you live within a ¼-mile radius of the half marathon route, use the maps online or call (626) 744-7665. The Start and Finish line is at the Rose Bowl Stadium. The finish line festival and concert will occur from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Area H located immediately south of the stadium.
Motorists and residents are advised that numerous City streets throughout Pasadena will be closed, restricted or unavailable to vehicles. All streets slated for barricades or closure will be closed no later than 6:30 a.m. on race day. Staggered re-openings of streets will occur until about 1:00 p.m. when most roads should be re-opened.
The motoring public is urged to drive with extra caution; observe all temporary signs and restrictions and to obey directions from public safety personnel. The City thanks residents, merchants, the motoring public and pedestrians for their cooperation during the event.
The Race Course is divided into zones, including Blue, Gold and Red.
- Blue Zone—6:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
- Arroyo Blvd. between Seco and California
- California between Arroyo Blvd. and Orange Grove
- Orange Grove between California and Colorado
- Gold Zone—6:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Colorado between Orange Grove and Arroyo Parkway
- Green Street between Raymond and Wilson
- Arroyo Parkway between Colorado and Cordova
- Lake between Colorado and San Pasqual
- Wilson between Green and San Pasqual
- Red Zone—6:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Colorado Street Bridge between Orange Grove and San Rafael
- Northbound Linda Vista between San Rafael and Seco Street
- Seco Street between Linda Vista and Rosemont
- West Drive between Seco Street and Washington Blvd.
- Salvia Canon between Linda Vista and West Drive
- Washington between Parkview and Rosemont
- Rosemont between Washington and Seco Street
Race Day Detours
To circumvent race day closures, motorists are encouraged to look at the online maps for detailed detour routes. Primary detour routes include Walnut Street to the north, Hill Avenue to the East, California Blvd. to the South and St. John, Pasadena Avenue and the 710 Extension to the West.
Parking Information for Residents & Businesses
No Parking signs will be posted along the course. Overnight parking restrictions will be lifted within a ¼-mile radius of the half marathon route from 1:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Race Day only. During this time, parking permits will not be required to park on City streets within this area. All other parking restrictions and prohibitions will apply, including temporary tow-away zones, no parking near fire hydrants or in red zones and parking by permit only in blue disabled parking spots.
Vehicle Towing Along Route
The half marathon route will be posted with No Parking signs. Please observe all on-street parking restrictions closely, noting all time restrictions. Vehicles that are parked on the course during the restricted times will be towed to the Pasadena Central Library parking lot at 285 E. Walnut Street and will be available for pick-up for free only until 1:00 p.m. on the day of the half marathon. Call (626) 577-3296 on race day only for towing information. After that, unclaimed towed vehicles will be moved to a City storage lot and storage charges will apply.
For more information about the City of Pasadena go online to www.cityofpasadena.net.