Beginning June 15 Pasadena Public Library will offer web-based Career Transitions, an electronic resource offering a comprehensive guide to career change.
Career Transitions is designed to support the unique needs of job seekers.
It is offered free to library patrons through the library's website www.PasadenaPublicLibrary.net.
Patrons can also access Career Transitions through wireless access or public use computers; both of which are available at the ten Pasadena Public Library sites:
* Allendale Branch Library - 1130 S. Marengo Ave. (beginning June 20)
* Hastings Branch Library - 3325 E. Orange Grove Blvd.
* Hill Avenue Branch Library – 55 S. Hill Avenue
* Lamanda Park Branch Library – 140 S. Altadena Drive
* La Pintoresca Branch Library, 1355 N. Raymond Avenue
* Linda Vista Branch Library – 1281 Bryant Street
* San Rafael Branch Library – 1240 Nithsdale Road
* Santa Catalina Branch Library – 999 E. Washington Blvd.
* Villa Parke – 363 E. Villa Street
* Central Library - 285 E. Walnut Street
Career Transitions is an all inclusive job seeking product for job seekers, a complete, guided, self-paced application that takes the user step by step through the process of finding a new career - assessing strengths and interest, exploring new opportunities, preparing a resume, finding educational opportunities and networking advice, performing a comprehensive job search and applying online. Users are guided by clear and concise information about career paths, industries, companies, job availability, growth potential and professional associations – organized around simple-to-navigate portals that combine overviews with statistical information and Web tools to help make well-planned career choices. Read More
Did you know you can get the Pasadena Journal weekly print publication for more news and information?