Early Childhood Learning Center
- Story Time: Daily at 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Enjoy some quiet time listening to stories chosen especially for the little ones.
- Music Time: Daily at 12:00 noon and 3:00 p.m.
Shake rattle and roll with different instruments as kids experiment with sound and dance.
- Multilingual Story Time: Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday at 1:00 p.m.
Enjoy this new diverse take on story time by experiencing books read in Italian, Spanish, French, Mandarin, or Cantonese!
- Messy Moments: Thursdays at 2:00 p.m.
Get your hands messy with fun art activities that develop fine motor skills and social interaction.
- Explorations in the Stone Hollow Amphitheater
- Weekdays at 10:30 and 11:30 a.m.
- Weekends at 11:30 a.m.
Learn about the outside world from animal fitness to butterflies to dinosaurs. Our daily explorations include fun and interactive shows for the whole family.
- Animal Encounters throughout the Museum: Daily at 1:30 and 3:00 p.m.
During Animal Encounters, our resident animals from Ozzie the Australian Bearded Dragon, to Maddie the Madagascar Hissing Cockroach, will travel around the Museum greeting our guests.
Become a bee, an ant, an archeologist, a geologist, or an entomologist during our daily 15-minute exhibit explorations inside the main galleries.
Digging Deeper Gallery
- Bee Dance at the Bee Hive: 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Ant Hole Tour: 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Fossil Hunt: 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m.
- Rock Testing: 3:30 p.m.
- Puzzle Time: 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon
- N'Art in Flutterby's Art Center: Daily, 12:00 noon to 4:00 p.m.
Express your inner artist where science and art meet with our rotating art activities. Daily activities include Messy Art, Eco Art, Build-It Art, and Petite Artiste.
- Harvest Corner: Every Wednesday through Sunday, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.
Children participate in facilitated outdoor learning experiences while exploring special harvesting and food processing techniques. Kids can make dream pillows, harvest potatoes, plant seed pots, or have a home grown treat. Check the daily calendar of events for activities each day.
- Flower Showers: Daily at 10:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
Kids, grab your watering cans and give those plants a good drink of water! Help us maintain the Kidspace Gardens by watering and providing care to the plants.
- Wildlife Pond Bingo: Daily at 2:00 p.m.
Learn how plants and animals live and work together to form ecosystems while you try to get BINGO at the Wildlife Pond in our gardens!
The Robert & Mary Galvin Physics Forest
- "Baby Physics" Activity Areas
- "Baby Physics" will be open throughout the day during normal business hours.
- Bring your toddler over to the Galvin Physics Forest and spend some time together playing with toys and objects that introduce basic physics concepts. Baby Physics activity areas can be found adjacent to the Bottle Rocket and Magic Mirror exhibit spaces.
- "Physics is Fun!" Physics Demonstrations
- "Physics is Fun!" Demonstrations occur throughout the day during normal business hours.
As you spend time in The Galvin Physics Forest, you will have the opportunity to meet one of our many Kidspace Educators who will be presenting various physics experiments and demonstrations that will shed new light on the exhibits. Demonstrations will happen throughout the day at different times each day. Educators will announce each demonstration prior to the presentation with times and locations.
(Activities and times are subject to change without notice)
Volunteer at Kidspace!
[About Kidspace: Located on nearly four acres in Pasadena, California, Kidspace Children's Museum has more than 40 hands-on exhibits, in addition to its outdoor spaces, programs, and activities that are designed to encourage a child's growth and development through exploration of the environment, investigation in science, and artistic expression. Kidspace is located at 480 N. Arroyo Boulevard, in Brookside Park, Pasadena, California, adjacent to the Rose Bowl Stadium. Free parking is available in Rose Bowl Parking Lot I. Kidspace is open Tuesday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Kidspace is open seven days a week between Memorial and Labor Days). Admission for all adults and children one year and older is $10.00. Children under one year and members are free.
Kidspace Children's Museum is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization that exists to enrich the lives of children. Kidspace is an interactive learning environment that is fun for children, families, educators and caregivers. For sign up information and for a calendar of events, please visit: www.kidspacemuseum.org or on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/kidspacechildrensmuseum. Unless otherwise noted, all programs and events will take place at Kidspace Children's Museum. Kidspace Children's Museum reserves the right to make changes to programs, times, dates, and costs.]