Title: WAREHOUSE / SHIPPING & RECEIVING SUPERVISOR
Department: WAREHOUSE / SHIPPING & RECEIVING
Summary: The position's primary responsibility is to assure the appropriate "control" of parts and materials purchased, received, issued/released and stored. Maintain min/max inventory and release of parts, materials and kits in support of manufacturing schedules. To supervise and train warehouse personnel. Must practice and promote processes as per FAA/AS9100 requirements.
- Review daily receiving information and confirm inventory is appropriately received in the inventory system (Pentagon) Assure that inventory is properly stored as per FAA/AS9100 requirements.
- Review on a daily basis, ship dates from planning, manufacturing and sales. Lead and direct the daily parts pulling/kitting activities of the stock room and shipping/receiving clerk to assure ship dates are met.
- Direct, coordinate, issue purchase orders and be responsible for maintaining min / max of materials, components, shop consumables, and shipping supplies based on consumption levels and sales forecasts.
- Confirmation of incoming materials for inventory; working with quality control, purchasing and planning to ensure components flow thru system efficiently and all concerned depts. are notified.
- Responsible for coordination of driver deliveries and pickups according to schedule and shop requirements.
- Understands Production build schedules, and performs advanced ordering and kitting to blueprint B.O.Ms and schedules.
- Assist in maintaining information for vendor performance reviews and documents as required per FAA/ AS9100
- Generate certain required documentations such as; packing slips, communicate confirmation of sales orders available for shipment with sales administration, prepare and ship packages via Fed EX, UPS, DHL, US Postal Service, and other carriers.
- Assure that Dynamo's inventory is kept in an organized secured area and accessible only by authorized personnel.
- Required Education/Skills: HS education, 6 years experience in Warehousing and Inventory Controls, 2 years in a supervisory position. Candidate must be proactive and self-reliant with good organizational skills, possess solid computer skills, relevant customer service experience and the ability to work independently and maintain a team work attitude. Candidate must capable of: communicating effectively (orally and in writing); operating Microsoft Office products; effectively interacting with the client, program management personnel, and other contractors.
- Success factors: Consistent personality, dependable nature, attention to detail and willingness to learn, must lead by example and train those with less experience. Be able to resolve conflicts and non conformances in a way that is beneficial to all. Have strong verbal and written communication skill with all levels of management.
- Desired Training/Certification: Formal Aircraft parts acquisition logistics training and/or related professional logistics certifications a plus. Lean manufacturing and 6 Sigma experience a plus.
Work hours are eight hours per day from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday. May work overtime as required.