Now hiring all levels of security staff! All candidates must possess a valid California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) guard license, or be willing to apply and be issued such a license prior to employment. Be present at 342 San Fernando Road, Los Angeles, CA 90031 on September 19th, 2012 at 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for Security Officers [$9.00 – $12.50 (DOE)] and Site Supervisors [$13.00 – $16.00 (DOE)] for both Full and Part time employment.
As a Security Professional you will provide unarmed, uniformed security, including but not limited to:
- Foot patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
- Report suspicious activities and persons
- Write detailed narrative reports, maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
- Respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
- Access control through an admittance process
- Screen visitors and employees in an efficient manner, in order to expedite or bar their admittance to the site
- Check for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations and unauthorized persons
Universal Protection Service recognizes and rewards your commitment to excellence. Our security professionals enjoy advancement opportunities, great salary and benefits including 401(k), a variety of medical, dental and vision options, holiday pay, training and development and on-the-spot recognition programs.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, and excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must possess a valid BSIS guard license, or be willing to apply and be issued such a license prior to employment (Universal Protection Service may assist with this process)
- Must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. For more information, call (323) 539-2000. Goodwill Southern California provides, upon request, reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services and activities. The TTY/TTD phone number is (323) 539-2057. Please contact our staff 72 hours in advance. Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.